Color temperature reference

> JimErkson at aol.com> asked:

>I am in search of a good color temperature reference for use in setting up
>our monitors.  While we have a working color analyzer and matching probe; I
>am inclined to not trust it, and wish to have a "second opinion."

Jim,

I know of a few good sources for optical paraphenalia where you may find a
color calibrated cold light source for your app.  Two of these co.'s
specialize mainly in optics and lasers.  If you have a Minolta or Philips
analyzer, you might consider sending away for calibration.  It can be cal'd
to NBS standards, I believe.

Sargent-Welch Supply (everything scientific)
(800) 727-4368
sarwel at sargentwelch.com
or
Edmund Scientific (optics & lasers)