Re: Colorists & DPs

I also think that Mr. Sisko was a little fast on the draw here.  I have had many
conversations with JC on e-mail and never detected or even had any comments from him that
suggest he might be nationalistic.

JC is like all of us: trying to get the best out of everything.

Re TAF.  I think it is well known that Kodak made a technical error and thus the new TAF,
which I have is Not green anymore chaps!

My situation down here is very simple; I don't get total consistency from the labs here,
and so can only use TAF for day to day checking on the telecine.  I still employ the tried
and tested interframe black method, which stands me in good stead to see exposure and
colour biasing.  I would like to agree with JC's comments about working with
DP's/Directors, in that the better you know them the easier it is get what they want.  This
has always been my challenge in changing countries so often, not knowing what each
individual wants, or even might want!  I would welcome a system that was fool proof and
easy to use, I just can't really see it in the near future.

How about this exposure meter I heard about at NAB?  Do you give the readout directly to
the DP as you roll into the first few frames or do you show it to the whole room???
Seriously, I do see a place for the box, hidden where only I could see it.  I don't really
like being a "ham" sandwich.

Ken Robinson
Videocolor
San Lorenzo 3845
Buenos Aires
Argentina

54 1 799 6112

This Message Was Sent With An UNREGISTERED Version Of PMMail.
Please Encourage Its Author To Register Their Copy Of PMMail.
For More Information About PMMail And SouthSide Software's Other
Products, Contact http://www.southsoft.com.