Re: Colorists & DPs

Howard Sisko <hows at loop.com> writes...
>On behalf of the many colorists I have known over the last 16+ years I
>have been a Telecine colorist, I would like to take exception to the
>letter from Mr. Jean-Clement Soret.  First of all, he includes himself
>as a DP, by stating, "We DP's" in his second paragraph. Throughout the
>letter he refers to the "responses" he gets as a DP in a session.
>Yet, at the end of the letter, he signs off as "colorist".  Quite
>frankly, he is most unclear as to what his career really is.
>. . .

Quite frankly, I read the same article and understood he was providing a
translation of a series of articles in a professional cinematographer's
journal. I thought his translation and very brief comments (at the end of
the message) from his own viewpoint and experience to be reasonable and a
valuable service to me.

Perhaps you take offense too quickly?

--- David Tosh  dlt at earthlink.net  (CIS 72167,1376)
--- Video Engineer, Complete Post, Hollywood