Re: LIGHTBOX USE FOR FILM TRANS

On May 27, 20:09, "MICHEL LAPOINTE" wrote:
} Subject: LIGHTBOX USE FOR FILM TRANS

> a calibrated lightbox around the colorist`s monitor.  Is it useful ?
> (if yes, then why is it that it's not in all transfer

I don't like them.

Much better for me is a textured surface some distance behind the
monitor, illuminated with the reference 6500 illuminant (dimmable cold
cathode lamps are useful for this) such that your eye has relief and
can refocus.  The depth of such a backlight is important-- if it were
at the same plane as the monitor, my eye would not be as relieved.

Michel, this has been covered fairly thoroughly in past message
traffic on this group.  I would direct you to the web message archives
for 1994-5, perhaps searching on the keyword '6500' or 'backlighting'
--URL is
'http://www.alegria.com/telecine/hypermail/1994-5/ghindex.html'.  Or
for a jump start, go to
'http://www.alegria.com/cgi-bin/mfs/03/1171.html'.

--Rob

--
Rob Lingelbach          |  2660 Hollyridge Dr, L.A., CA  90068   213 464 6266