Re: [TIG] Under/Overscan

I have always monitored in underscan, and am amazed at efforts to do
otherwise.  This is the ONLY way to be sure that every possible gate hair,
frame line, mic, etc. is seen and accounted for.  For those clients who wish
to see "home view," I simply put up action safe graticule.   If some wish to
get into a debate about monitoring "just as it will be seen at home," I have
a suggestion:  go to Circuit City and get  a 20" TV set to replace your
monitor, install it in a room full of incandescent lighting, and turn the
brightness way up.  The result: HOME VIEW