Re: [TIG] Under/Overscan

The only real reason I can imagine watching a display in underscan (other
than pure, blind habit) is that it makes it possible to see the whole set
where possibly booms, stands, or other film set paraphenelia may wander into
the picture.  It lets you see all of the head room.   Or perhaps it's a
quick (but dirty) way to check vertical blanking width.

Not that we would do anything out of pure, blind habit, but.....As a
practice, we underscan, and frequently switch to O/S for the clients
benefit, pointing out "this is what's going home".

Dean