RE> [TIG] Re- Sony Evergree

RE> [TIG] Re: Sony Evergreen M
To Craig Nichols <craign at earthlink.net>, evanc at pacopost.com
CC telecine at alegria.com

We also received three Sony BVMs just before NAB.  I would
agree with all of the comments that have been made before.
The software released at NAB did help, but it has a way to
go.

San Jose does now have BVM-20 manuals available.  We got
ours today, yet they do not have a price in the Sony
computer or any service extenders.

Another little problem is that if the monitor gets a jolt,
the thin wire mesh of the aperture grill can twist and cause
darker vertical lines in a portion of the picture.  Hard to
believe, but true.  The official fix from Bill Little in the
Sony Cypress office is to take the right hand side off and
tap the side of the CRT with enough force to clear the
wires.  It does fix it, but nobody would believe it until we
tried it.  All three seem to be fine now.   Our screens seem
to have pretty good purity, so far, just lucky, I guess.

After looking at what was available at NAB, the BVM 20
series may not be that bad.  It has a lot of work left to do
to make it the perfect monitor they promised last year, but
it does not look as bad as some monitors at the show.