[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE>Re: RE>spirit datacine
>i was thinking of the case (and this must be pretty routine) where your
>telecine sits some distance away from the ONYX (like 50 metres of cablin=
>so). I'm not sure whether HIPPI can work at this distance
Yes it can, although a parallel interface via copper, a serial configurat=
ion is also available through fibre.
* Speeds: 800 Mbit/s and 1.6 Gbit/s
* Cabling: 50-pair STP, singlemode and multimode fiber
* Distance: 50 meters point to point over copper. Cascaded switches ca=
be extended 200 meters over copper; 300 meters over multimode fiber;=
kilometers over single-mode fiber
* Connection time: Less than 1 microsecond for dedicated connection
* Latency: 160 nanoseconds on average
I think it would not be practical to tie up an Onyx for a telecine transf=
Paul Grace - Rushes London.