Re: 24 fps recorders/sync gens

JPB writes:

))I don't think the 24fps topic is of no interest to the group: just
imagine a telecine working
the way our video-assist does
It will deliver a 24 fps 651 line PAL signal, resulting in simple two
field digitisation
into nonlinear editing machines with no traces of  3:2 pulldown
artifacts,
no more A frame headaches, and higher vertical resolution !
It will be a blessing to edit films in such an environment.((

Very cool idea.  I was talking to Pennebaker yesterday and he was considering
always transferring to PAL for cutting films on the AVID -- he'd cut at 25
fps for 24 fps movies.  He loves the extra resolution of PAL.

Me, I prefer speed accuracy...  but your idea shows promise. Plus, it's
coupled with the best film camera....  ;-) (owner of three)

--Jeff Kreines
DeMott/Kreines Films

Jeff Kreines