Op Amps/Hush kit

> We have evaluated the op-amps here at The Mill along with the Hush kit and
> noticed similar improvements using both solutions. Both result in
> decreased noise and that general background activity noticeable on
> still-frame neg.

Steve, I am surprised that you found a difference with the new Op Amps.  My
information was the same as Paul Graces, in that it would make a difference
if the orignal was faulty.  I don't remember seeing any problems on your
machine when I last saw it.

> The hush kit has the side efect of altering the behaviour of the
> individual colour channels which may take a bit of getting used to - I'm
> sure Ken can explain this more fully, I'm only an engineer.

Now after five weeks of continuos operation, I have found really that there
is no discernable difference.  There might be the slight possibility that
the colorgrade channels in the telecine tend to react more like a MK 3.  I
find that the improvement is so vast that this is all minor.

What I would like to know chaps, is whether Rank has made a significant
change in another area which needs evaluation either on top of the Hush Kit
or instead of......   Seamus, what did you see?  I presume you were
demonstrating on a new type Gold.

Ken
Videocolor
Buenos Aires

BTW, if anyone ever visits here I recommend them bringing a crash helmet and
a micrometer.  The micrometer to measure the distance between cars on the
Freeway, and the crash helmet to feel more comfortable about it all!!