Spirit and Cintel (NAB debriefing)

I would like to kick off the NAB debriefing by forwarding the
following.  I am quite interested to hear of any feelings in this
group as well... for the record, I was quite impressed with the Spirit
--but I've only seen it now (and demoed the FLH1000 two years ago) in
HiDef mode.  A friend who was at the show asked me if I had seen it in
525 mode, and I confessed that I hadn't.  His opinion was that it
lacked depth and had characteristic CCD flatness to the image.  Could
anyone else comment on this?

--- Forwarded mail from Dick Hobbs <100331.3540 at CompuServe.COM>

I am a freelance writer, and I have been asked by three UK-based but
international magazines to comment on the latest in film and telecine
as seen in Vegas last week.

I know what I thought about the new Spirit DataCine, both as a concept
and in its current form, but I'm not a colorist so what do I know. If
there are any colorists who feel they could offer a sentence or two on
their impressions of the new machine - either attributable or
anonymous - then I would be delighted to hear from you.

The same goes for the URSAs on the Rank Cintel stand. Was the "new
technology" really revealing, or was the big difference in the 50 cent
op amp upgrades on the other machine?

You can post the information to the group, or contact me individually
at 100331.3540 at compuserve.com.

Many thanks

Dick

--- End of forwarded message from Dick Hobbs <100331.3540 at CompuServe.COM>

--
Rob Lingelbach          |  2660 Hollyridge Dr, Los Angeles, CA  213 464 6266