Re: more trichlor and shelf life

> Date:          Mon, 11 Mar 96 16:03 PST
> From:          rob at xyzoom.alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
> To:            telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com
> Subject:       more trichlor (forwarded again)

> --- Forwarded mail from "Vince R. Forcier" <vforcier at interramp.com>
>
> From: "Vince R. Forcier" <vforcier at interramp.com>
> Subject: Re: trichlor (forwarded)
>
> Rob Lingelbach wrote:
>
> > Reference David Warner's note about the supply of 1,1,1, film
>
> Can someon please elaborate on the short shelf life issue. How short?
> Ideal temperature to store? ETC. Thank you.

Sorry that this reply has taken so long but I did finally manage to
find out some things about shelf life etc. I spoke to Carmine Hannar
at Pride Solvents.  He is the sales rep for ISI Chemicals.  According
to their chemists, film grade Tri-clor has a shelf life of one year from the
time it is put in the drum and inhibiters are added.  Tri-clor needs to be
stored in sealed drums at normal temperatures somewhere it can
be protected from possible water contaminantion. So don't leave it
setting outside!  I was not able to find out about what the possible
consequences are if using out of date fluid though.
 I contacted Dow Chemicals but the person I spoke with had very
little information about Tri-clor as it has been removed from their
database since manufacturing has been discontinued.  She didn't know
if there would be any damaging effects to film with aged fluid either.
  I know that I've used fluid that has been older than a year and have
never had any problems ever with cleaning film with it.  Of course at
the time I didn't know that it was a potential problem.

 Maybe someone from Kodak would know?