kscope in xfer

Rob,
   We had used a K'scope in the transfer suite on occasion. Usually the
client wanted a selective defocus of part of the image, like softening the
lines in a models face, while leaving the rest of the image sharp. A less
frequent use is for keying or image manipulation. It's also useful on
non-4:4:4 Ursas when doing 30fps transfers - flip the image in the Ursa to
get a larger scan patch then use the K'scope to right the image.
   Now whether this is an efficient use of resources is open to question - I
always prefer to keep material from the transfer session clean and do the
manipulations ( except for the most straight forward ) in the modern edit
suite.There are also less expensive ways to flip an image than tying up a
K'scope. But, when a client wants something I'd prefer to be the one to give
it to them than have the guy down the street take care of my former client.
                                                Rich Torpey