kscope in xfer

Over the past couple of years, I've had a few clients request the use
of the GVG Kaleidoscope in telecine.  I haven't, until now, considered
actually dragging the box into the transfer bay.  I believe in one
case it was to be used for a kind of soft-clip blowout-whites effect,
and in another to do selective defocus.

Would someone like to educate me a little on this subject, regarding
its merits or lack thereof, for telecine?

--Rob

--
Rob Lingelbach          |  2660 Hollyridge Dr, Los Angeles, CA  213 464 6266