16/9: anamorphic & letter box

About 16/9 anamorphic and/or letter boxed transfers, Iokorodudu wrote:

> We do not do both transfers at the same time.  We would do the lettered
boxed
> version afterwards via a Snell and Willcox converter,
> offsetting the time code at the start of the edit.

>P.S British Beef is safe to eat

The new Aaton Sorter-III reads 3lineVITC (with Keycode and Audio TC) from
the 16/9 anamorphic master and reinsert it (with selectable delay to
compensate for the S&W one)
into the letter boxed copies made for dailies and for Avid/Lightworks
digitization.
At the same time it makes FleX or ATL lists with clean in/outs extracted
from
the transfer data base.
It also helps you dub-sync the audio tape at this stage, which ends up
with sync-sound
dailies (immediate sound on the very first frame of  each take) with no
waste
of telecine occupation time.

Pascale/Aaton

aaton at alpes-net.fr,
2 rue de la Paix BP3002, 38001 Grenoble, France,
tel +33 7642 6409, fax +33 7651 3491,
http://www.alpes-net.fr/aaton