Re: DVNR 4X4 ANR

At 03:12 PM 4/4/96 -0800, you wrote:
>All,
>
>Anyone having problems with the DVNR 4X4 with Advanced Noise Reduction.
>Under DUI control, the unit slips into days of high smearing with very low
>noise reduction settings (3db, 3db). After a few days or a few power on
>cycles, the ANR returns to being able to fully crank double digit db's
>without any smearing whatsoever. Am I the only colorist who gets to see this
>behavior?

This is a bug in the DaVinci interface that seems to be activated when you
step through the "still" mode in the DVNR menu. This is the type of N/R menu
that selects film 24/25, STILL, Video (etc). This causes the ANR to smear in
low settings. To get around this problem, reset the telecine interface card
on the DaVinci mainframe. This seems to resolve our similar problems at
Complete Post. Hope this helps.

Tom Nottingham
S. T. Nottingham III

"You pays your money, and you takes your choice".
S. T. Nottingham Jr.