Re: Generating Timecode, DP's & Colorists..

>If anyone can think of a simple way to generate a timecode signal, please let
>me know. It would help a lot in the nightly struggle transferring those
>dailies with audio problems.

Kay,

One of those used Magna-Tech 9F's that "bt" was selling should do the
trick. It's a box that takes tach pulses and converts them to TC (preceeded
the Evertz), but it also functions as a stand alone TC generator with a
front panel keypad. If you are using a Nagra-T, you can hook the 9F to the
Rank, feed it to the Nagra as the master code, and the Nagra will chase
along like a mag machine (sort of). I used to sync up like this prior to
TLC,  and it is really nice to check sync on a tail slate (or in mid-scene
for that matter) without a whole lot of keystrokes. Hope this helps.

Julius Friede