Re: Colorists & Nights

Jim Erikson, thank you for your defense of the dailies colorist.  I once had
a job that the
DP sent a microcassette with the dailies to tell me of any particulars
concerning the
shooting for that day.  The look, light conditions, etc. were mentioned on
the tape.  The
DP even took the time to call and speak to me personally about up coming
scenes in
preparation to get me to think about and understand his goal.  DP's generally
don't
take an active interest in the dailies side of things, they just bitch about
it.  If they did
take an interest, they would develop a good working dialogue and working
relationship
with the colorist to insure that we understand their vision.

Bill Abbott