Re: Grey scales

On Mar 17, 12:35, Don Hayashi wrote:
} Subject: Grey scales

>         "Is a grey scale useful in the telecine transfer?"

YES, emphatically, from my perspective.  It is the most important
chart for me, and when shot under the proper conditions, helps me a
great deal.

>         Is the plain Kodak 18% grey card, the Smethurst High-Light (7 step
> scale with 18% card combo) or the Macbeth color chart the best? Or should
> we using a video color chip chart?

The 7-step program and the 18% card, which also is the requirement for
Kodak's TTEF, are very useful.

--Rob

--
Rob Lingelbach          |  2660 Hollyridge Dr, Los Angeles, CA  213 464 6266