in moderation...

I'm considering moderating this mailing list.  That means I would
decide what messages warrant distribution and which don't-- some of
the chatter and noise would be eliminated.  This is in response to
several complaints I've received lately, and was not unforeseen...

The disadvantages are we would lose some spontaneity & speed, and I'd
have to do more work.  The advantages are we would improve the
signal-to-noise ratio, which is in proportion to the number of
subscribers.  We're getting close to 500 subscribers here.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who feels one way or the other-- but
please, unless you feel it is of interest to the entire (large) group,
send your response to me personally --double-check your 'To:' field
before sending.

--Rob

--
Rob Lingelbach          |  2660 Hollyridge Dr, Los Angeles, CA  213 464 6266