Re: Tri Clor

This message is being sent to the list by Jonathan Banks, Lipsner-Smith
Company, a subsidiary of RTI...

March 11, 1996

Ref:  Tri Clor Supply

Reference David Warner's note about the supply of 1,1,1, film
cleaning fluid.  I'd like to caution all potential buyers of
1,1,1, to be careful.  There's plenty of metal cleaning grade, or
recycled 1,1,1, on the market, but it's not necessarily film
grade.  I can't speak for the supply at Pride Chemicals, but non-
film grade fluid is prone to leaching of plastisices and damaging
the red dye emulsions.

It's been many months since film grade 1,1,1, was manufactured
anywhere in the world and it does have a short shelf life where
critical applications such as cleaning original negative are
concerned.

Jonathan Banks, Lipsner_Smith, Chicago