Spooling amp mods

greetings fellow sufferers:

Question: I had heard that Rank modified the spooling amps in the
transition from URSA to Gold, possibly to curtail insanely high bandwidth,
and possibly to avoid the Rank doing its once in a blue moon trick of
snapping your best client's negative.
Could someone confirm or deny any of the above? And possibly supply me with
a "real" Gold spooling amp schematic so I can look myself?

Eternally grateful...etc. And how was that Leap Year Drinkathon? You guys
in Brit-land are making me all misty eyed!

Very best to all.
Mike O.

P.S. How are you getting on with those new A to Ds on the Ursa, Seamus?
"Inquiring minds want to know"