Re: Need better mailer...

On Feb 8,  0:26, CinePost at aol.com wrote:
} Subject: Re: Need transfer service...

> Dear Film shooting music video guy,
>
> CinePost does film transfer of 35mm film on big jobs such as yours for
> $175/hr.

Everyone please be advised that this kind of posting to the group is
not allowed; further clarification is available at
'http://www.alegria.com/telecine/rules.txt'.  Anyone who doesn't have
web access, let me know and I'll mail you the file.

On addressing: the 'Reply-To:' header field of messages generated by
this mailing list is purposely left alone, so it will contain the
original sender's address.  Therefore replies to messages default to
the sender and not the list as a whole, which would seem to make clear
the intent of a reply such as the above, that was delivered to 400+
mailboxes around the world.  More clarification on the 'Reply-To:'
munging situation is at
'http://garcon.unicom.com/FAQ/reply-to-harmful.html'.

However, I seem to recall that Myron's mailer may be broken, he has
sent several personal replies to the mailing list in error, all of
which prompted friendly personal reminders from me...

It can be a valuable lesson, when dealing with large mailing lists:
watch your 'To:' headerline!!! Before you send that message, check the
recipient!  You can save yourself some embarrassment.

--Rob