Re: Sparkles---------------------

We have had problems in the past with out Mk III being effected by static
electricity.  The static would cause video hits, along with breaks in the
scans.  Interestingly enough, it only occured with print film, never with
negative (because of the different film base??).  Low humidity conditions
also effected it, of course.  Since then we have installed the "Nuculer" air
ionizers on our PTR roller brackets, which seems to have solved the problem.
     An easy way to "sniff" out the static is to clip a piece of stiff wire a
few inches long to a scope probe, and pass it around the deck plate & gate
while the film is running, without actually touching it to anything..  A
spike of several volts would be seen on the scope coincident with the video
hits.