Re: Sparkles---------------------

I have a MkIII w/digi4 That had the same problem. First looked at capstan,
had it rebuilt and that helped. It now has less than 1 ohm res. from shaft to
ground. Sparkles were reduced almost to none on 16, but 35 still killed us.
It was suggested that the Reel motors needed to be grounded,  I used a
grounding kit from Options Int. It worked great. I have not seen a sparkle in
over a year, and I keep watching for them. Wayne Smith the inventor of
Steadie Film Makes the kit for Options. If you need any other information
drop me a line here.

Bob Peck