FWD>Sparkles---------------

Mail*Link(r) SMTP               FWD>Sparkles---------------------

Jim,
     Here's another similar case.  We had a recent problem on one of our MK3's
of peculiar random sized flashes during Run or Shuttle mode approximately 1/4
to 1/2 line long.  It turned out to be Capstan Noise being picked up by the
Burn Cell.  A quick test for this is to turn Burn Correction On and Off while
the condition is occuring to see if there is a difference.  On/Off switch is
on the Festival board if you have Festival or on the 661 board in the audio
rack on old style burn correctors.  Routing the burn cell wiring away from the
capstan got rid of it.
Dave Corbitt, Manhattan Transfer/NYC

On Fri, 26 Jan 1996 JimErkson at aol.com wrote--->

>   I've been having problems with "sparkles" on a Mk III, Digi IV Rank for
some
>   time now......