Re: compressionism

> Boy oh Boy be careful of what you wish for!  As a former -I'm ahead of the
> curve- "compressionist" for the other major post house in Atlanta all I can

> --- End of forwarded message from "Clark Bierbaum" <clark.bierbaum at vta.com>

Marc,

I to have been involved in compression over at Crest National. We have
been working with the Minerva and most recently have been working with
the Minerva MPEG-2 format. I have been involved off and on in telecine
for 10 years or more. Currently I am an Avid and On-line editor learning
more about the future of the medium we work in - compressed video. What I
fail to see is why it takes a colorist to do this work. I think that it
requires somebody with an eye for color and detail. I do not mean to say
you are wrong but lets not assume nobody else is capable! Thanks for
listening! CW

--- End of forwarded message from Chris Wayne <chriswyn at ix.netcom.com>