Re: 4:2:2 Scan Flipper

>Christopher,
>
>As I understand it, Dave Walker's Digital Deflection box w/Clearview would
>do the trick (with Meta-Speed) and it would be on the telecine output
>instead of a downstream piece of gear.
>
>Julius

It also will eliminate most annoying nasty aliasing artifacts.  This is
Clearview's main feature.  It has recently been used on several features at
Advanced Digital, and I hear that the Colorists involved have been most
impressed with its performance.  The ability to flip the store after scan
flip is a very useful additional feature (because of the potential for
saving tube life) I would not be suprised to see more of these being used
very soon as clients catch on about what Clearview can do.  I would
definately put it on your must see list for NAB 96.

Craig
Todd-AO