Re Camera Timecode

I must admit that I've never worked out the logic of using camera timecode
to sync up
the sound. We've just done a S16 drama of 90 mins final running time, that
ended up on
slate 450. Assuming three takes per slate (I geuss it really is more) and 5
seconds
run up per take, then we've just burnt off getting on for two hours of neg.
I'm not sure what the cost of that is but it can't be cheap!

>From an operational point of view, should I be looking at pictures or
listening to the sound? Im not sure I'd be wanting to do both when it all
starts going belly up!

John Hinchliffe
T K Films