----------------------------
Date: 12-15-95 19:54
From: PETER MAKOSZ

Most of the drift in the early days could be attributed to the faceplate
temperature not being stable and did have a marked effect on the efficiency of
the phosphor, which did not track regarding colorimetry or light output.

All of the above poses yet more questions; is it tube? What are the specs for
short term phosphor stability regarding phosphor temperature remembering also
that the temperature will vary between run and still and the thick faceplate
could possibly exaggerate this.

Or PMT'S- does any one know if there is anything given in the specs regarding
short term stability remembering that the light input is variable and sometimes
static for long durations how does it compare to CCD specs?.

Perhaps other "old timers" could add some more. Any comments say from Mike Orton

Peter Makosz
The Machine Room (London)