Re: RE> Trouble with....A view on the Gold.............

At 09:40 AM 12/12/95 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Seamus,
>
> it seems that we could save ourselves a lot of downstream grief
>if we plan on installing a precision air conditioning system now rather than
>after the whole room is built.
>
>Christopher Bacon
>DuArt Film & Video
>New York

I think that careful planning of air conditioning with Golds (or any Rank
for that matter) is imperative.  Ideally, if the air can be ducted through a
computer floor so that it can rise into the machine, it can then operate
with the doors on, maintain a constant temperature, and still not get too
hot. Though I have not had the luxury of trying this, but it would seem that
perhaps the ideal place to put a thermostat for such an installation, might
be inside the machine itself.  Of course, this is probably impractical, and
probably terribly expensive.

Craig Nichols
Todd-AO