Re: Query re Primitive Telecine

ted at IslandNet.com (Ted MacGillivray) wrote:
>>I've slung together a primitive setup (five-blade projector + video camera)
>to do
>>quick 'n' dirty reference tapes of my films. ... But I'm
>getting two (2) light green stationary horizontal bars across the picture:
>you can change the position
>>of the bars by changing the phase of the shutter in relation to the line
>frequency.

It is interesting that the bars are stationary. Does that mean that you
arranged to lock the shutter speed to the camera video rate? Also, you
could educate me- does a 5 blade shutter relate to a double flash per film
frame or does it provide a 2.5 rate specific to 24 to 30fps conversion. I
worked with film projectors in telecine film chains in my early days in
television but the details are getting hazy.

--- David Tosh  dlt at earthlink.net  (CIS 72167,1376)
--- Video Engineer, Complete Post, Hollywood