Sony's new switcher

All,

Sony is contemplating manufacturing a telecine specific switcher.

>     The product that we are considering manufacturing for world wide sales
>     is a 1.5 M/E component digital product.  First and second level color
>     correctors would also be included.  If produced it would have about 4
>     inputs and 4:4:4 processing.

So far I like the idea of color correction in a telecine switcher, I would
ask if perhaps our friends at Sony would consider a 8:8:8 input and hi-res
framestore on the ouput of the device, and while their at it maybe even a
35mm flying spot scanner film transport upstream of the crosspoints. I think
there is a market of at least 1000 units at an easy US$500,000. per unit.
I'd buy three tommorow.

This reminds me of the story, "What feature would you like to see on your
next Rank?... Sony", he said.

Best,

Bob Festa                                   Festa at earthlink.net
Director of Telecine                        Festa at holydig.com
Hollywood Digital                           213 465 0101
6690 Sunset Blvd  Hollywood, Ca 90028
http://www.hollydig.com/talent/telecine/festa2.htm

Bob Festa                                   Festa at earthlink.net
Director of Telecine                        Festa at holydig.com