Sony's Interest in the Telecine Market

     Dear Mr. Lingelbach,

     Please allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Stephen DiFranco and
     I am the Director of Post Production Marketing at Sony Electronics
     Inc.

     Recently Mr. S. Kusaka (General Manger of our Post Production Group in
     Atsugi, Japan) requested information on the United States Telecine
     market.  He is specifically interested in learning if there is demand
     for a new digital component switcher for telecine rooms.

     The product that we are considering manufacturing for world wide sales
     is a 1.5 M/E component digital product.  First and second level color
     correctors would also be included.  If produced it would have about 4
     inputs and 4:4:4 processing.

     We recently completed a research project and called many companies
     providing telecine services.  Our research provided excellent
     quantitative data on the number of facilities, the equipment that they
     own and the principal application (MOVs, Features to Tape, Super 16 vs
     35mm ect.)  But, these reports can not provide a clear indication of
     the passion in the industry of a new digital switcher.

     It was mentioned that you "manage" a WEB page for the telecine
     business.  If you deem it appropriate please feel free to invite your
     associates to send their thoughts on the subject to me at
     (difrancs at ccmail.nhq.sony.com).  You are most welcomed to state that
     we are considering developing a product for the telecine market but,
     we first wish to have some subjective data to apply to the
     quantitative research that we have already published and forward to
     our associates in Atsugi.

     Your help is greatly appreciated.  My phone number at Sony is
     201-358-4174.

     Best regards,

     Steve

--- End of forwarded message from "Steve DiFranco" <difrancs at ccmail.nhq.sony.com>