Re: Film scratches

In the past two weeks we have demoed the two units you have asked about. The
MNR
11 came to us as an incomplete package ( though we were told  all the bells
and
whistles were attached) so I cannot make a fair evaluation. The DVNR had all
the
latest upgrades and was really quite impressive. We were given an old tv
series on
D2 which had quite a bit of dirt, both black and white and a fair number of
scratches.
The original transfer had been done from a 16mm reduction print that was not
in the
best of shape.
While the unit could not remove all the problems it did eliminate a good deal
while not
introducing that undesirable digital lag or other video artifacts.
If anyone else uses either unit I would love to hear their opinion.

Domenic Rom
Duart Film and Video