Re: "WHITE POWDER"

>>HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS PROBLEM? I'VE FOUND THIS "WHITE POWDER" ON MY PTR
>>ROLLERS, SKID PLATE, IN THE GATE, AND ON THE FILM.

I have seen this on occassions too. I have 2 possible explanations.
The obvious is that the film is b/w, or some other thicker than usual stock
that is being shaved in the gate, but you say that it is definitely not the
film shedding.

The other is a thought from Lipsner Smith some time ago. Apparently a white
residue can be caused from some cleaning fluids if they are contaminated by
water. Even a trace of moisture in the cabinet can cause a residue to form on
the film, and subsequent cleaning through the same liquid will probably make it
worse. If the cleaner is in house consider replacing the fluid. I hope it is
something else because this is a pain to clean up.

Another Film cleaner horror story.

Kevin Shaw