Re: "WHITE POWDER"

On Wed, 22 Nov 1995 DAVEBZ1A at aol.com wrote:

> HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS PROBLEM? I'VE FOUND THIS "WHITE POWDER" ON MY PTR
> ROLLERS, SKID PLATE, IN THE GATE, AND ON THE FILM. IT LOOKS LIKE THE FILM IS
> SHEDDING, BUT IT ISN'T. IT NOT JUST ON ONE RANK, AND NOT ALL THE TIME. ONE OF
> MY COLORISTS,  WHO HAS BEEN AROUND FILM FOR A LONG, LONG,  TIME, SAYS IT'S
> FROM PERC. I KNOW THAT THE TWO MAJOR LABS IN NYC HAVE SWITCHED FROM TRICLOR
> 1-1-1 TO PERC.

There are several possibilities, one is mold if the film has been around
for awhile in high moisture.  If it is, be carefull.... high
concentrations of mold can be a severe lung irritant, and can cause
serious allergic reactions, protective gear should be used.

jim lindner
VidiPax
The Magnetic Media Restoration Company