Re: X DUI

On Nov 17,  9:41, Bob Festa wrote:
} Subject: X DUI

> activate the open windows move function and then the window may be dragged
> and dropped. All other non daVinci windows on the desktop move in a more
> traditional X rule environment. My question is why are the rules different
> in DUI windows, and can this functionality be changed to XR5? Rob, you are
> the resident X wizard, any ideas? Anyone else find this annoying?

I don't know that it's X that provides the rules for this Bob, I
thought it was the GUI library, like Motif or OpenWindows, for
example, and I believe Irix 5.? uses Motif, right Andy?  X is a
protocol/data transport definition more than an interface, though it
does have barebones windowing builtin.  Now why daVinci doesn't want
to be Motif-(or other GUI)compliant, I don't know, unless it's too
much overhead.

Did you get a private reply to this you can summarize for us?

--Rob