Biphase control

Noel Macwhirter, nmac at widow.tafenet.net.au, asks:

>One of my Engineers is looking for a box that will allow a bi phased
>controlled film dubber (Rank Ferrit), to be run on a RS422 editing system
>using Sony protocol.
>
>Anyone got any ideas?

My first idea was the Lynx from Timeline. They make a master-slave
arrangement that will do this, I believe. But then I remembered that last I
worked with a Lynx, it only had Ampex VPR emulation as its 422 protocol.
That may have changed.

I have been proposing such a box but have not generated any real interest
in producing a product. I know of one company that could produce the device
but can only do it with up front development covered.

--- David Tosh  dlt at earthlink.net  (CIS 72167,1376)
--- Video Engineer, Complete Post, Hollywood