Re: P.S. Rank Filters

Christopher writes:

))I was
attempting to say that there is a subtle difference caused by the light
passing through the fluid in contact with the film that gives a look to the
image that I consider "rich."((

I agree.  True also for film-to-film opticals.  Oddly, years ago when doing
tests in DuArt's optical department, the differences between wet and dry were
immediately obvious to me but not to the lab.  I felt the image had an
increased smoothness -- the grain was there, but friendlier!

--Jeff Kreines