Re: Rank Filters?

I've never heard of the placing of diffusion in front of the mirror to create
the effect that Mr. Bacon describes.   One other note was of particular
interest to me, however--his suggestion that using a wet gate causes a
"subtle softening of the image."  Does Peterson know about this assertion?
  I use a wet gate most every day and the image is as sharp as a tack! Of
course, there is this hacking cough I'm constantly dealing with.......