RE: Varispeed dailies transfers

----------
From: 	Eric Rosen
Sent: 	Saturday, October 28, 1995 11:26 AM
To: 	telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com
Subject: 	Varispeed dailies transfers

>Just wanted to get some ideas about what is the best way to lay out a
>dailies transfer for material shot at speeds other than 24,30,25? Is there
>some kind of industry standard for laying out these kinds of transfers or
>do individual editors have particular prefrences for dailies transfers for
>this particular type of material? Also whether anyone is familiar with how
>the TLC Flex list or Aaton data files deal with running at varispeeds?

If the footage is MOS, I usualy transfer it first in the desired varispeed
and than again  at  24fps to get an accurate keycode-read. It takes a bit longer
this way, but the editor get's all he needs. If the footage is sync (most
likely wild) than I lay down the audio seperate as wild track - let them sync
it up on the avid..
The flexfile for the varispeed xfr will contain inaccurate keycode, so you
should log the 24fps xfr as well.

Kay.

-----