Re: daVinci GUI or DUI?

Dear Craig,

Thanks for the inquiry.  As you no doubt know, da Vinci has dropped the
ARTISAN name in reference to our SGI-based graphical user interface.
This was a result of a trademark conflict with a company outside the
post-production industry.  There will be no attempt to rename the
interface as it is an integral part of the Renaissance 8:8:8 digital
color correction system, and is not offered as an option.  (Digital
systems can be upgraded)  We regret losing the name because we believe it
captured the feel and overall makeup of the interface nicely.  To answer
you question: What is DUI?  DUI has become an unofficial buzz word around
the company for da Vinci User Interface.

Regards,
Joe Moore
Marketing Manager

-----