Re: pogle feature question

>At NAB this year, I heard of a new Pogle feature that caches the
>'current scene' on film to disk, allowing correction without wear &
>tear of the film.  If anyone here is using this feature, could they
>give a report on it?
>
>Thanks
>--Rob

This is like one of the promised features of the internal still store for
the DCP (the active color processor.) Internal storage of a still frame
captured from the video going thru the color processor would allow
insertion of the picture into the front end of the DCP for additional
processsing. The delta corrections should then do a similar job on the real
video from the telecine.

But let's look at what that would give you:
  Processing after the telecine only.
  Processing only in 8 bits 4:2:2 resolution.
  No scan sizing (isn't this interactive?)

What wear and tear happens to the film when it is setting motionless on the
transport?

Does this give you all the limitations of using a line array CCD scanner on
your URSA?

This is an un-informed opinion! I haven't heard actual details of this
feature either. Sorry about launching a tirade based on my previous
experience with the company.

--- David Tosh  dlt at earthlink.net  (CIS 72167,1376)
--- Video Engineer, Complete Post, Hollywood

-----