KeyKode Readers

opertunity to improve the TLC handling of the data.  Currently the TLC
will properly synchronize and log a KeyKode frame just after a splice
provided you at least play the telecine into the new part of the roll
and allow the TLC to "LOK" the data.  You may then go back to any
frame, even at the splice, mark in the point and perform the edit.  The

TLC will flywheel the edge code numbers as if there was infinite code
ahead of the edit point.  This is much like the Nagra Mode 8, but you
don't need to manually select this operation.  It always works this
way.
We are now in the process of greatly improving the TLC's KeyKode
ability.  We now are accurate down to the perf for all supported
readers.  Our new "Logging on the Fly" mode (available in the new TLC2
and DUI systems) with the LTC reader should make this logging process
even faster for those transfers where stopping the film is not
necessary.
I am also happy to sit in on transfer sessions and make more
improvements.  Please contact me if you have any questions.

Gary Adams, TLC Product Manager

-----