Masking on Rank Ursa

The Rank Ursa operation manual suggests we use the no 2 mask when transfering
Kodak EXR negative.
Although we have found that excellent results can be achieved without it, the
mask does render primary colors in such a way as to give the image a more
"print-like" feel.
However, I have noticed a strange reaction to this mask by our gamma trackerball
controls (we are using the Arcas controller as we have neither a daVinci nor a
Poggle attached to the Rank). For instance, moving the gammas towards red
actually adds cyan to the image.
Are you experiencing something similar?
Are you infact using these maskings at all?

Serge Robert
Supersuite postproductions
Montreal, Canada

-----