Re: Artisan Font Size

Rob Lingelbach writes:

> On Oct 17, 10:51, David L. Tosh wrote:
> } Subject: Re: Artisan Font Size
>
> > On some of the windows, you can press the right mouse button and select
> > FONTS form the pop-up menu. Some of the DUI windows don't have this menu
> > and I couldn't find an alternate method. I have been using 24pt courrier
> > BOLD font in terminal window. Is this just a sign I need new glasses?
>
> I'm told Bilberry extract was used by RAF fliers in WWII to improve
> their eyesight.
>
> If Artisan is on top of XWindows on the Indy (I forget if that's the
> case) then one should be able to specify the font in the Xresources
> file for that window application.  I'm waiting for someone (Andy
> Sackheim?) to chime in from daVinci.
>
> --Rob

Rob:

This would be true if we were playing strictly by the X/Motif rules, but
in order to make some more complex displays i.e. the "Monalista" and
"Textalista" we create those windows in OPEN/GL.  In this case we make
up our own rules about fonts, etc.  BTW just because you put fonts and
other items into the resource files does not mandate that an application
uses them.  They are merely "serving suggestions."

We have tried to make the "most used" displays have fonts that can be
adjusted.  If there are others that need them, please let us know.

Andy Sackheim

-----