Wet Dreams

Robert Lovejoy mentioned:
>     One thing I love about this mailing list is hearing about all the new
>equipment that's out there.

>     So as I read the continuing discussion of the latest technology, I
>continue to harbor a small hope that some more of it will trickle down my
>way.  And I know that I am grateful for all that I do have.  It may not be
>at the forefront of the State of the Art, but the true magic happens in the
>session when you make your client happy with his film.  Ultimately, it's us,
>not the equipment, that create the magic.

All,

You know I think Robert has a point here. I seem to remember in the golden
years at Editel L.A., that the equipment we used was less than cutting edge.
I also seem to remember being a little happier in my job. Perhaps we are all
guilty of "GAS"...Gear Acquisition Syndrome. It affects 9 out of 10 major
market colorists at least once in their careers. Perhaps a little more Zen
telecine, and a little less keeping up with the Jones' is a good thing. Sam
Holtz at Action Video taught me to do so much with rubber bands and paper
clips on a the first MkIIIC.
At Editel, Craig Talbert, showed me the keys to the Ultimatte 4, and how to
get it sideways. I kind of miss that stuff. Maybe it was just misery loved
company, but I used to love to build houses of cards with a clients session.

Time to book another vacation ;^)

best,

P.S. Check out my latest web page at the address below.

Bob Festa                                   Festa at earthlink.net
Director of Telecine                        Festa at holydig.com
Hollywood Digital                           213 465 0101
6690 Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, Ca 90028

-----