Re: Artisan Dreams

>In my dreams...

>Ayone have any concrete experiences with Artisan they would like to share.
>Is it making your life easier. What are the known bugs? ...

>Bob

Let's not get carried away and talk about too many of yor dreams...

The Artisan seems to be a true advance in the area of presenting
information that the colorist needs in a graphical environment. I was a
skeptic about the whole concept of grafting on a GUI to the old daVinci but
I see that the changes are fundamental and well integrated. I get the
feeling after talking with Dave Catt (product manager) yesterday that there
is a lot of listening going on and there is likely to be some direct
results of out feedback.

Yes, there are bugs. I think we have a working system even though. I am
very interested in the concept of attaching a modem so tech support in
Florida can grab error logs, problem session files and send updates.

I think there is some real future here if momentum is maintained.

As Andy says, check back in a month.

--- David Tosh  dlt at earthlink.net  (CIS 72167,1376)
--- Video Engineer, Complete Post, Hollywood

-----