Re: B&W neg transfers

On Oct 3, 17:08, Rob Lingelbach wrote:
} Subject: Re: B&W neg transfers

> color stock made into B&W in transfer, but I feel are offset by the
> greater latitude of the color stock (why is it that the color stock
> has the latitude?)...

Hmm.  reading Bob Festa's post, I'm thinking that perhaps he's right
that B&W film has more steps in the grayscale than color film...why is
it that I've had this feeling about color film's latitude being
greater?  Maybe because of grain issues.  B&W grain seems to intrude
more quickly with exposures off the optimal curve, doesn't it?

--Rob

rob at sun.alegria.com     |  cat are not the better for it."  --Abraham Lincoln
rob at dagmar.alegria.com  |     http://www.alegria.com    KB6CUN

-----